Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Universal USB Connector

Hi I was wondering if there is a universal connector for digital cameras. The cable that you use to download the images to your computer. I know that the USB end of the cable is always the same, but the other end that plugs into the camera. Is that end the same for all or most digital cameras? Or at least the newer ones? Also is there software out there that is universal to all cameras for downloading the pictures?

The reason that I want to know this is I want to startup a small business where tourists can bring me their digital cameras and I can burn off their pictures to a cd so they can then go ahead and clear the memory on their camera. This would only be a problem for internal memory.. Memory cards I can just load up in my own camera.

Thanks,

Cory

The best way to do this would be card readers. They makeones that cover most formats, and the unsupported formats can be read with adapters. Readers are much faster, and they don't sap the camera power. Both things that would be beneficial to your business. And they don't require messing with cables, you just take their card and plug it in.
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

Thread Information