Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

All in One Lens??

Last week I was in San Francisco enjoying Fishermans Wharf. One of those camera salesmen collared me for a few minutes while my wife was shopping. He was pushing an add on lens that fit onto the filter threads. It did everything, macro, very wide angle and telephoto. And very good low light performance.

Anyone have any Idea what he was pushing?

Thanks, Jim

Re: All in One Lens??

Junk. If it was any good you would already have one as would everyone else. Like the old saying goes, "If it was that easy, everyone would be doing it."

Re: All in One Lens??

Quote Originally Posted by gryphonslair99 View Post
    Junk. If it was any good you would already have one as would everyone else. Like the old saying goes, "If it was that easy, everyone would be doing it."
    Yeah - without even knowing what it was, I'll second what gryphonslair99 said. I've never seen a threaded add-on lens that didn't produce terrible image quality. A lot of photographers don't even like to put filters in front of their expensive lenses - let alone some questionable zooming optics. My advice is to ignore all the tourist camera stores in SF and only go to real camera stores or come to us when you need a lens recommendation. We aren't trying to sell you anything and we aren't offering any miracle cures
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thread Information