Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

are they any budget camera with full manual control?

hey guys I already owned a samsung sl420 the program mode only let me adjust the iso and exposure. Is there any camera under $200 with full aperture(real full range not just a couple of values ) and shutter speed?

Also, why are most cheap digital camera dont come with full manual control? is it because of price ? or are the companies worried that people who buy a cheap digital camera doesnt understand how to use them correctly? I think it is the latter but i just want your opinion on this. thanks.

Re: are they any budget camera with full manual control?

I don't know of any cameras that have that feature in that price range. You may want to check eBay for an older model bridge camera, you can probably find something in your price range there. As for the why the cheap cameras don't come with them is probably because the companies assume that you either want a simple camera or this is your "backup" camera, and so full aperture control is something you won't need. The cost of adding features to a cheap camera is always a factor.
    http://havanajoe08.shutterfly.com/

Olympus E-PL1

Feel free to edit my photos!

Thread Information