Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Sub-$200 Point and Shoot Camera

Hello,

I am looking to purchase a digital camera with a small form factor so that it will easily fit into a pocket, and in the price range of < $200. This will be used for all-around purpose shooting, from landscapes to action shots, so there is not a single specific purpose.

I was currently looking at the Kodak EasyShare M381 and the Canon SD1200 IS, as they have seemed to be getting pretty good reviews. I like the fact that the Kodak M381 has a 5X optical zoom, whereas the Canon only has a 3X.

Are there any thoughts on these options, or would you recommend something else?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Sub-$200 Point and Shoot Camera

While Kodak is making some great compact video cameras these days (check out the ZI8), they've been having a rough patch with point and shoots. Canon, on the other hand, has really been consistent with their SD line. And the SD1200 and SD780 are probably the best of the sub $200 class.

Thread Information