Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Sony F828 And Mpeg Video

I’m looking to upgrade my digital camera (Olympus C-3030 Z) to the new Sony DSC-F828. I shoot sporting events primarily and mostly fastpitch softball. We have two daughters that play which keeps us hopping. I have wanted to buy a digicam with the fastest burst rate, 8fps up to 25 pics, but it’s priced way out of my range. The C-3030 takes 1.8fps up to 5 pics in 640 by 480 resolution and I always seem to be just in front or just behind the perfect shot. The lower resolution was fine because I put the pics and story on CD. Reading about the new Sony I see it records MPEG Fine at 640 x 480, 30fps and MPEG Standard at 640 x 480, 16fps. 30fps and 16fps is a heck of a burst rate as far as I’m concerned. Anyway to the question, does anyone have any stills taken from the MPEGs from Sonys F828 or could point me toward a site that might. If they’re as good as I suspect the camera is as good as sold. Thanks.

Check out a Minolta Z1 or Z2 for the movie capabilities....I have a Z1 and no otther digicam(no matter what you spend) will out do it as far as that goes...also take nice stills too.

Thread Information