Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Sony DSC-H50 Memory Card

Hi

Firstly,hi to everyone here as i've just signed up to this forum

The problem:

A couple of weeks ago i noticed a problem when shooting videos with the camera - when i play them back on the camera (or PC) theres a "chh" sound on the video which is heard every second...when i shoot video in medium quality mode the noise is heard every 2 seconds or so on the resulting .mpg file

Anyways i was trying to find the cause of this today when i thought i'd try using a different memory card (the one in the camera is a Sony Memory Stick Duo Mark 2) i put in an older Sony Memory Stick Duo card which isn't the Mark 2 variety and the noise is no longer an issue

So is it a case of the camera not liking Mark 2 Duo cards or is the card faulty (very unlikely and it is a genuine card btw!)

I also tried shooting a video without a memory card and also had no noise on the file

Any ideas anyone?
    Last edited by jasp; 01-01-2010 at 07:44 AM.

Re: Sony DSC-H50 Memory Card

Welcome to the site, jasp!

You have a very interesting problem and I think you've annswered your own question. I can't see how your Mark 2 Duo card could be a problem. But it appears that you have the proof that it is. To make absolutely sure you should format the problem card in the camera and try again. If it still does the same thing, then try another Mark 2 Duo card. If a second card gives you the same result then you know the problem is definitely related to the card type and not just your memory card.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thread Information