Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Sony DSC-F828 Sample

I've been playing with a Sony DSC-F828 for a few days now and here's a sample image. I'll post more later and link to a full-res version of this same image. This is Sony's 8 megapixel camera. At PMA, four more cameras using the same sensor were introduced by Canon, Nikon, Olympus, and Konica Minolta. I think this is one of the more interesting things happening with digital cameras right now. Since all of the cameras use the same sensor, the manufacturers have to use the lens, features, or image processing to get the most out of it. It will be very interesting to see what camera(s) come out on top.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sony DSC-F828 Sample-officeview_south.jpg  
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

A New 828 Sample

I went out this evening to shoot some more with the Sony DSC-F828. Man, it sure is nice for March - T-shirt weather - even in the evening, near the water. That's not normal for the Bay Area.

This was taken looking East, towards Hayward, CA. I wish I could have gotten closer to the birds, but this was the best I could do without sinking up to my neck in nasty low tide muck. The focal length for this image was 42.8mm. That's probably about the same as 180mm on a 35mm camera.

The second image is a small section at 100%. This was shot at ISO 64 so that's a pretty significant amount of noise you're seeing. It doesn't matter for most, normally sized images. But it's there, should you want a big enlargement or a significant crop.

Here's a link to an unsharpened, full resolution version of this photo:

http://www.pcphotoreview.com/GALPhoto_61177crx.aspx
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sony DSC-F828 Sample-sony828_bay.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

very nice crisp image - the sony was another option i was looking into along witth the A2 and d100 / d70

¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸© The trouble with life is there’s no background music ©¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸
    ¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸© Life ain't short, your just dead for too frick'n dam long! ©¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸

Thread Information