Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Thread: Slo-mo camera's

Slo-mo camera's

Hey guys, I'm a complete idiot when it comes to camera's and I was wondering what your recommendations are for slo-mo camera's. I was looking at the casio ex-fc100 and the ex-fc150, is the 150 worth the extra money? what do you guys think of the picture taking quality?

Re: Slo-mo camera's

Sorry it's taken a few days for anyone to answer you. I think it's probably because not very many people are using the high-speed cameras. I am very interested in them, but I haven't had one for review yet. The new Casios are high on my list, though. I think the high-speed shooting features are very cool. I am a mountain biker and I know a pro mountain bike photographer/videographer and a pro rider who have one of those Casios. I've seen slo-mo video from it that is really awesome. The downside is that the resolution on the slo-mo video is pretty low. I don't think it's that big of a deal since we're talking about a pocket camera, though. Asking for slo-mo HD video in a point-and-shoot is unrealistic. Even the best DSLRs only do 60 FPS at 720p right now.

I am testing one of the waterproof Casio G1 point-and-shoots right now. It doesn't have the high-speed features but so far I've been happy with it. In my experience, Casio image quality usually isn't as good as Canon, Sony, etc., but it's not bad. I haven't had a chance to take a close look at the G1 images yet or I could give you more feedback on still image quality. For video, there's not much competition yet when it comes to high speed video and still capture. One camera maker just introduced something that has similar features but I can't remember which one. I think it was either Sony or Panasonic.

I hope that helps. What do you want to use the camera for? Are you a mountain biker, snowboarder, etc?
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thread Information