Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Is this the right camera for a newbie like myself.

Hi everyone. I'm new here as you have already picked up. I was wondering If the Hewlett-Packard Photosmart 945 is a worthwhile buy. I have read tons of reviews and mt research has led me to this forum.

I think that I know all the good and bad points of the camera, such as good, = 5.3 mp, 8X optical zoom and the digital flash. To name but a few. I also know the bad points,= slow "picture capture speed" (not sure if that is the right terminology), somewhat bad lcd screen, etc.

What I would like to know is, is buying this camera a good way to start my new photographic hobbie. I am new to all things digital camera' ish, as this is the first camera that I am buying.

I am going to be using it for family portraits, snapshot, nature, and pics of daily life, also I am a web designer and I wanted to know is the camera good enough for web images.

Thanks for all you time, hope I'm not boring you.

It will be fine

I don't know if you read my review for the HP Photosmart 945. My basic finding was that the camera would make a good all-purpose digital for a family or anyone who wants a camera with good features, but isn't going to be that demanding about speed or image quality. If you're a person that habitually upgrades things that you own, or you're really picky about details, you might not be happy with the camera. But if you're a casual photographer who just wants a camera that can do it all and do it reasonably well, then the 945 will be fine. And for the money it's definitely a lot of camera.

If you haven't read it, here's a link to my HP Photosmart 945 review >>

I hope that helps you make your decision.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Re: Is this the right camera for a newbie like myself.

Thanks for all the help. After a long time researching and stuff I decided to buy the camera for a whole lot of resons but I believe it's just what I want, and it's in my price range so. Anyway thanks again. And here is a couple of pics I took. with the camera just playing around with it.
    As you guys can tell by these pics I'm into macro shots Tell me what you think.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Thread Information