Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Retreiving lost photos

I accidentally deleted some photos on my digital camera. Doing some research, I found that as lost as I didn't reformat the card (xD), I may be able to retrieve them. So I went out and bought a card reader (which I probably didn't need to do) and did a search for software for my Mac. Seems there's numerous shareware items, but they only allow me to check out the card but not salvage the pics. As I was at a car show, I couldn't tell you if I can even retrieve the right pics as there were so many to take, but that's something I can worry about later.

So, in any case, I was curious if someone could make me a recommendation? It's been suggested to get Photorescue (http://www.macupdate.com/search.php?...cue&os=macosx). Is this a good one? And what about a good shareware?

Thanks,

Diego

Re: Retreiving lost photos

I've used the Lexar software that you get for free when you buy one of their pro CompactFlash cards. It worked great. Recovered photos that later made money. Good deal! SanDisk also has recovery software that they include for free with pro cards, I think.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thread Information