Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Question Reputable online sellers?

Ok, I made up my mind on getting an Konica Minolta A2 (so ignore my previous thread. ;-) ). However I'm wondering which online seller to use. Of course I'm looking for a low price but I don't want to get ripped or end up with a camera with no batteries or no USB cable included.

What online sellers do people like to use here for getting digital cameras?

Re: Online Sellers

I've ordered many things from B&H Photo, they're great. Adorama, Butterfly Photo, Norman Camera are also supposed to be good. NewEgg.com also carries electronics, and I have used them in the past. They are awesome too.

Quote Originally Posted by dpaulson
    Ok, I made up my mind on getting an Konica Minolta A2 (so ignore my previous thread. ;-) ). However I'm wondering which online seller to use. Of course I'm looking for a low price but I don't want to get ripped or end up with a camera with no batteries or no USB cable included.

What online sellers do people like to use here for getting digital cameras?

B&H, Penn Camera, Samy's, Adorama, Robert's Distibuting are all very reliable.
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

Dealer Feedback Forum

There's a dealer feedback forum here specifically so people can share their good and bad experiences with online (and local) dealers. I recommend always checking that forum before buying from a dealer you haven't used before. And so that there's plenty of information available, everyone please post about the dealers you've used. This is a very important resource!

Dealer Feedback Forum >>

Also, please use the shopping and dealer links in the reviews here. That's one of the main ways you can support this site. Definitely use the Dealer Feedback Forum to decide who to buy from, and then check prices and do your shopping through the Hot Deals or Reviews.

Thanks-
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Cool Beware low-low prices

I've got some hard experience with some bad stores. My advice is to avoid shops with prices that appear to be too low to be true. Many of these require a follow-up call to "confirm" your order, where they try to upsell you batteries, cards, lenses, cases, and snake oil. When you refuse, suddenly the price jumps fifty bucks or they simply hang up on you.

You can use the "star" ratings on comparison shopping sites like pricegrabber.com. You'll notice that the reputable dealers the the other kind folks in the discussion have mentioned are all well rated. You'll find most of their prices are similar, but sometimes you can hit one who's running a loss leader and save some dough.

Don't let the low prices fool you in the fly-by-night shops. You'll end up paying more in the long run.

Happy shopping!

James

Thread Information