Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Unhappy Removing date & time stamp...

I own a Vivicam 4345 and I need to have the date and time stamp removed! How do I do that before taking the picture? Also, I downloaded GIMP to remove the date & time stamp for my "already" taken photos, but I truly do not understand it!!

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Re: Removing date & time stamp...

Welcome to the Forum. I have never used the GIMP so I can't help you with that. There should be a menu setting on the camera that tells you how to turn the date on/off. Check the manual if you still have it. If not, you can download a copy of it here.

http://www.retrevo.com/support/Vivit.../200bh831/t/2/
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by mjs1973
    Welcome to the Forum. I have never used the GIMP so I can't help you with that. There should be a menu setting on the camera that tells you how to turn the date on/off. Check the manual if you still have it. If not, you can download a copy of it here.

http://www.retrevo.com/support/Vivit.../200bh831/t/2/
    Thanks for responding! But the camera shows how to turn it on and off, but when I take the pic, the date still shows. I downloaded that manual earlier and it only shows how to set it...ughh!!!!
    Thanks anyway!

Have you tried resetting the camera to it's original default settings? I'd be surprised if time/date stamp was on from day one. As for photo software, maybe using PICASA is a better choice. And with Adobe Photoshop Elements less than $70, it's worth the buy.

Thread Information