Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Lens adapters, teleconverters, for all in one cameras? (sony f828!)

Does anyone have any opinions on the lenses that are sold for all in one cameras, usually a wide angle or a telephoto that I think screws onto the the threads on the end of the built in lens? I was wondering what the sony "close up" lens will do for my f828? It's not very expensive.. Also, I think I've seen a WA lens for the f717, would it work on the f828?

Thanks...

Sitting in a Leaky Dingy Michael Fanelli's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bmadau
    Does anyone have any opinions on the lenses that are sold for all in one cameras, usually a wide angle or a telephoto that I think screws onto the the threads on the end of the built in lens? I was wondering what the sony "close up" lens will do for my f828? It's not very expensive.. Also, I think I've seen a WA lens for the f717, would it work on the f828?
    About a year ago, I saw some Canon G3 shots taken from Alaska using a third party WA and tele adapters. I was surprised with the quality. A few had some problems but most shots looked great on the screen. If you buy a high-quality adapter, you'll probably be happy with the results.
    "Every great decision creates ripples--like a huge boulder dropped in a lake. The ripples merge and rebound off the banks in unforseeable ways.

Thanks.. I looked on the Sony website and they makea .7x WA teleconverter lens, and a 1.7x lens for the f707 and f717, and I'd imagine that it'd work on the f828 too..

They also carry a "close up lens". I'm guessing this just reduces the minimum focus distance? Right now at 200mm (@35mm equiv) it'll focus down to like 2 feet, so I'm guessing with this lens I'd be able to focus on even closer objects (at the same focal length)?

Thread Information