• 07-14-2004, 09:52 AM
    Ultra Magnus
    Lens adapters, teleconverters, for all in one cameras? (sony f828!)
    Does anyone have any opinions on the lenses that are sold for all in one cameras, usually a wide angle or a telephoto that I think screws onto the the threads on the end of the built in lens? I was wondering what the sony "close up" lens will do for my f828? It's not very expensive.. Also, I think I've seen a WA lens for the f717, would it work on the f828?

Thanks...
  • 07-14-2004, 12:18 PM
    Michael Fanelli
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bmadau
    Does anyone have any opinions on the lenses that are sold for all in one cameras, usually a wide angle or a telephoto that I think screws onto the the threads on the end of the built in lens? I was wondering what the sony "close up" lens will do for my f828? It's not very expensive.. Also, I think I've seen a WA lens for the f717, would it work on the f828?

About a year ago, I saw some Canon G3 shots taken from Alaska using a third party WA and tele adapters. I was surprised with the quality. A few had some problems but most shots looked great on the screen. If you buy a high-quality adapter, you'll probably be happy with the results.
  • 07-15-2004, 07:40 AM
    Ultra Magnus
    Thanks.. I looked on the Sony website and they makea .7x WA teleconverter lens, and a 1.7x lens for the f707 and f717, and I'd imagine that it'd work on the f828 too..

They also carry a "close up lens". I'm guessing this just reduces the minimum focus distance? Right now at 200mm (@35mm equiv) it'll focus down to like 2 feet, so I'm guessing with this lens I'd be able to focus on even closer objects (at the same focal length)?