Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>
    Totally Fabulous! missfabsweeney's Avatar

Picture come out fuzzy!...and HI!

Hiya, im new to this forum. I love using my digital camera, i generally use it for pictures of people and things like flowers and animals. I would say i am a complete novice though, i don't know anything about it i just enjoy doing it. Anyway i've been having a look at your forul for a few weeks now but have not had the need to join but toay i decided i would becasue i would like a little help!

I took a picture last nite, but it has come out fuzzy, as though when it was taken the camera was being moved. I want to know how i can sharpwn the image upas i think it would be a really nice picture. I don't have any fancy photo editing software and a can''t afford any being a student! so i wondered if anyone could reccomend me any free software to do it with or if anyone has any software and would be willing to sort it out for me?!

Thanks for your time

Anna

xx

Re: Picture come out fuzzy!...and HI!

Hi Anna and welcome and I think joining was a good idea you won't regret it. The best idea is to post an example of the image keeping in within the 600 x 600 195k limits of the forum unless you post it somewhere else and make a link to it which you always can if you want to. That way we can see the image and then give help if possible.

Generally there are two reasons for fuzzy images, either you have camera shake or moved when you pressed the button or the subject moved. Solve your problem of shake, use a tripod. If it is the subject then tell them to hold still and count to three and take the image on count of 2, that way they won't move till you get the image at two where they are expect 3. This is an inherent problem exspecially when starting out to try and get a bit more serious with photography.

Most digital cameras come with software of some kind, quite often Photoshop Elements on the CD that usually accompanies the camera.

What type of Camera are you using ?

Thread Information