Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Thread: Pentax Optio SV

Pentax Optio SV

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum so hi to u all.

Anyway i have recently purchased the Optio SV, in fact i have had it for less then 3 weeks but the lcd screen has already cracked. The crack appears to begin on the right hand side of the screen. I have not dropped the camera at all and do not think i have hit the screen in any way so was wondering if anyone else has had a problem with their screens or if this is a known problem with this particular model. Any advice or feedback will be most welcome or anyone with any idea of a dealer who can get it fixed for a reasonable price. I live in East London. Thanks all.

Re: Pentax Optio SV

I heard about something similar to this. Some guy had a digi cam that he had in a very warm building and then he went outside in the cold air and the screen cracked from the sudden change in temp.

Have you exposed your camera to temp extremes at all?

Also at just 3 weeks you are well within the warranty period of any camera maker. If I were you I would call Pentax and see what they could do to help. I have heard they have pretty good customer service.
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Re: Pentax Optio SV

Thanks for the reply.

I wont say they were extreme temperatures but the house was warm and it was a cold day when i took the camera out with me.

Anyway i have sent the camera back to Pentax so fingers crossed i can get it fixed on warranty.

Still would appreciate other suggestion if people have any.

Thread Information