Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Unhappy Optimus Digital Camera 5:1

I really need some help.I have a 5:1 digital camera that I tried to set up last night. The problem is I have to have windows 98 cd rom and I do not have that.it has been misplaced.I was going to upgrade to windows xp but the software that I have is not working because it is damaged.it has alot of scratches on it.everytime I put the software in the cd rom the keyboard,mouse and screen freezes up,then I have to restart.I do not have the money to buy the software windows xp.I tried to set up the web camera last night.I went through all of the steps it told me to when it got to clicking on web camera and pressing the record button it asked me to put in the windows 98 cd rom.can somebody please help me.thank you so much.I dont know what I should do.Im thinking about taking the camera back.

May the force be with you Canuck935's Avatar

Re: Optimus Digital Camera 5:1

Not many companies (if any) support Win98 anymore. Whether you decide to keep the camera or not you're waaaaaaay overdue for an OS upgrade.

This is what Im trying to say.Im trying to upgrade to Windows Xp the problem that I now have is the software.Im getting another one tomorrow but Im not sure if it will install because my windows is taking up way too much space.it is alot of things that I have to remove from my computer and dont know how.for starters the windows is taking up most of the space and I see other stuff on here that needs to go.

I dont need any help now I found more instructions and on top of that Im getting a new computer.so I wont need anymore help.thanks to those who did help and to those who did not oh well.God bless.

Thread Information