Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Olympus Stylus 710?

Anyone on the boards have one, used one or have any comments about this camera?
    I've been looking for a while for a compact digital, something I can take anywhere, snap things on the fly.

I've been spending most of my time experimenting with my n80, toy cameras and funky old cameras, but want something for the day to day.

Re: Olympus Stylus 710?

I haven't used that particular Olympus, but I used the Stylus Digital 800 and did our pro review for the Stylus 720 SW. I like the Olympus camera controls, weatherproofing, and the image quality is more than adequate. The 710 design is very nice. It's a great size, looks good, and feels good. What is it about that camera that interests you? I think it would probably be great. But Canon compact digitals are definitely more popular. I'm not trying to sway you - just curious.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Well, I want something with decent megapixel size, compact, , as it seems like I have my hands full all the time, and usually see things on the fly. Looking for something something pretty weather proof. I really liked the Optio WPi, but wasnt completely satisfied with it.
    I was looking at a Lumix but then the Stylus grabbed my eye, and was really easy to use.
    My choices seem to fall in the order of nikon, olympus, pentax and then cannon.

I think you'll like the Stylus 710 just fine. If you want some more info to go on, check out these two Olympus pro reviews:

Olympus Stylus Digital 800 Pro Review >>
    Olympus Stylus 720 SW Pro Review >>

And if you already bought it, then good luck - I'll be looking to read your review
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thread Information