Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

old panasonic help!

Alright I got a Panasonic PV-L579, it uses VHSC's (bit bigger then a mini dv). Anyway I was wondering how i would go about transferring the footage to my computer if its possible Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
    Tyler

Re: old panasonic help!

That's an oldie but a goodie. My recommendation would be to simply avoid it and invest in a miniDV. The prices are dirt cheap these days. But if you need to use the VHSC camera, I'd still recmmend you get a miniDV camera like the Elura 100 which would have the analog to digital pass through feature. That way you can daisy chain them together and capture the footage onto PC. Or, you could just invest in LiteOn DVD recorder and hook the camera up to it. Then just press record and voila, you have a DVD.

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Re: old panasonic help!

I have both Philips and Lite-On DVD recorders.
    For something so cheap (about 1/3 the price of the Philips) I'm surprised the Lite-On is so good.
    The Philips has been troublesome, getting sent back for service in warranty for head replacement, and then continual software upgrades and failure to record on non-Philips DVDs.
    The Lite-On is terribly slow on the menu (about a second per button press) but has not let me down at all in the first year.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Thread Information