Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>
    totally photography stupid!!!

new guy here....sound question?

Alright I got this cute lil digital camera a panasonic lumix dmc-lx1

it is awesome for me, it does it all, to include video. I am deffinatly still learning it, I am new to the hole photography thing.

I am in Iraq, and wanted to get a good mini camera to take great pics, to really document while I am here this time!

first question is about the sound. When I want to record video, is there any way to limit the background static sound that the mic pics up? if not are there programs that I when I load it to my computer I can work on cutting that out of it that ways!??

second question is actually, what case do you guys recommend? agian I am in Iraq, and keeping this thing in my pocket is my goal (whole reason of getting a mini camera) so I prefer a nice smaller case!!

thanks in advance

Re: new guy here....sound question?

I don't know much about the sound issue, but Lowepro makes a whole range of small cases for digital cameras. Most can clip to your belt or perhaps even MOLLE gear. Tamrac has some nice cases as well, but in my experience most would be less sand-proof.

totally photography stupid!!!

Re: new guy here....sound question?

Quote Originally Posted by greghalliday
    I don't know much about the sound issue, but Lowepro makes a whole range of small cases for digital cameras. Most can clip to your belt or perhaps even MOLLE gear. Tamrac has some nice cases as well, but in my experience most would be less sand-proof.

Awesome **** bro!

Do you mind posting up some URL's so I can check out these cases!

thanks again bro!

Thread Information