Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

new to cameras please help

hi i am looking to buy a digital camera that is pretty nice, but the problem is i dont really know anything about them, i was wondering if anyone could help suggest any cameras that take really good pictures and are relatively cheap

thanks

More eagerness than skills.. rzozaya1969's Avatar

Re: new to cameras please help

Quote Originally Posted by nosignal
    hi i am looking to buy a digital camera that is pretty nice, but the problem is i dont really know anything about them, i was wondering if anyone could help suggest any cameras that take really good pictures and are relatively cheap

thanks
    Hi Nosignal....

What's your budget, or define cheap..... I've had a Cannon A520 and I found it pretty good. It's a nice 4.0 Mpixels camera that's been around, has nice features and is nicely sized. Cannon has released a lot of newer models. I think that they have the Aseries which is cheaper, and a SD series, which are smaller and a little bit more expensive.

I bought afterward a HP Photosmart 8.0 megapixels (dont remember the model number) and I really don't like it. I thought about selling it, but I will give it another chance.

I tested at a shop the Nikon P4, and liked the speed and colors.

The cameras I would look at now are the Cannon SD550, SD630 or SD700. And the Nikon P4, but I think they're around 300-450 bucks.

Re: new to cameras please help

If your budget is low, I suggest you some of Olympus models with minimum of 3x optical zoom and 5 megapixels. For example the Olympus FE-110 ( about $100) or Olympus FE-130 (about $170) is right for beginners.

Thread Information