Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

New Bee question, what image quality to shoot with?

New bee here could use a little advice. I have a new Canon g5 and I also sprung for a 512MB card. Too me, this is a huge amount of memory coming from a roll of 36 background...

Should I always take the highest quality pictures (qty 198) and plan to resize for printing, viewing and my website?

I guess what I'm asking for is what situations do you shoot at lower image quality? or vice versa? I don't see myself ever shooting at 640x480 unless I'm trying to watch a plant grow over time lapse and need 843 pictures.

Thanks,

Tim

Sitting in a Leaky Dingy Michael Fanelli's Avatar

Hi-Res

Always shoot at the highest resolution. Consider the image as your negative. Use a copy of this original to work on.
    "Every great decision creates ripples--like a huge boulder dropped in a lake. The ripples merge and rebound off the banks in unforseeable ways.

Thread Information