Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Question Need help please with putting recordings onto my PC

Hi, I'm new and need some help with my Sony Handycam Vision CCD-TRV218E PAL.
    As you may or may not know, it does not have a USB port because it is not digital and yes I know this forum is for digital cameras but I couldn't find a forum for non-digital cameras, so I turn to you people, who may have worked with non-digital cameras before or still do.

Now I know you can get a cable that you can plug into either the S VIDEO OUT, A/V OUT or RFU DC OUT because I used one in Africa at my Uncles, problem was it didn't give off sound but I know you can get sound through it, proberly by plugging it into the A/V OUT or adjusting a setting in the volume control (Windows XP).

So what I would like to know is what is this cable called and were can I buy it from? My camera has, as I just mentioned, S VIDEO OUT, A/V OUT and RFU DC OUT. If someone could give me a link to where I can buy a cable that fits into one of my camera's ports and can then plug in my PC's graphics card, sound card or USB port to give off sound and image I would be very greatful as it would help me a lot.
    I have a lot of recordings on tape and I would really like to put them onto my PC. Also if someone could give me a link and then maybe a walkthrough of how to set it up so I can get image and sound from my camera onto my PC, that would also be very helpful.

Thanks a lot to all those who can help me with my problem.

Re: Need help please with putting recordings onto my PC

http://servicesales.sel.sony.com/web...egoryName=Vide

Try looking here, I'd check Amazon.com and ebay as well...

Re: Need help please with putting recordings onto my PC

Found this with a google search for "video conversion"

http://www.videohelp.com/capture
    ----------------------------

Thread Information