Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Need help for a new camera

Hi;

I am looking for a digital camera for everyday use... I'm no expert, so prob a point and shoot camera. I've been looking around for some and I really like the canon sd790is. Price isn't too bad either. I hear a lot of good things about canon. So something with those characteristics is what I am looking for and I dont want to spend over 350... Good quality pics, zoom, etc.... what do you guys thing... I dont care muich about brands either, but I've mostly been researching canons. what about the sd890is? or others similar? thanks.

Re: Need help for a new camera

canon or sony , I like this two brand !

The Canon Digital SD790 is an ultra stylish compact camera that provides an impressive screen, 10 megapixel sensor, 3x optical zoom lens and image stabilisation. The camera's screen works well even in bright sunlight and battery life is quite good. The ISO is incredible, the picture is amazing. And its afforable for you.
    ----------------------
    Lonet

Search Engine Optimization

hello,
    I was also looking good camera with sharp close ups. Finally i got a Samsung 10.2 MegaPixel Compact Digital Camera NV24HD for $205 & I have saved $62 (23% Savings) & i have got 5% cash back also by going through Rebationdotcom. It is very nice camera. I like so much. The camera's screen works well even in bright sunlight and battery life is quite good.

Check the specs,

* SD890 IS - 10 megapixel sensor, 5x optical zoom, 2.5-inch display, sub 1-inch macro
    * SD790 IS - 10 megapixel sensor, 3x optical zoom, 3-inch display
    * SD770 IS - 10 megapixel sensor, 3x optical zoom, 2.5-inch display

I'm going to risk the SD890 because I think I would miss the 5x zoom too much... But my opinion would be to go to the store and compare the two or reading some expert reviews will always help.

Thread Information