Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

need help finding a camera

I am looking for a camera that has a optical zoom of 155mm no less . I don't want the digital zoom to make up the difference in the optical zoom
    any ideas

thanks

Usel

Re: need help finding a camera

You can buy many cameras that are capable of doing this, but the key is getting the right lense. Or are you looking for a point and shoot. Because I've never seen a p&s that zooms that far.

You may need to clarify more on the focal lengths you are looking for. If you mean that the minimum is 155mm and go higher, there are DSLR's that can do that. But no P&S that I know of.
    If you need a maximum of over 155mm then there are some P&S that can go that high. I went and found the Panasonic FZ50, This one because I knew it had a high 12x zoom. I found the part on the specs. sheet on focal length and will add it here.

Focal Length f=7.4-88.8mm (35mm equivalent: 35-420mm)

Newbie Here
    rovowen

Thread Information