Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Question My heart is torn between two cameras. Please spare some advice.

Hi, I'm a 15 year old boy, and I just want a little camera to carry around in my pocket and snap pictures of my friends to keep my computer or put on some internet sites and what not. I've been searching like a madman for a camera just right for me on the internet, and so far I've found two candidates. The Fujifilm A360, and the HP Photosmart R607xi.

The A360 is bundled with a case, portable AA NiMH battery charger, 2 rechargable batteries, table top tripod, 16 MB xD memory card, and some software.
    its got:
    -4 MP
    -3X optical zoom
    -3.6X digital zoom
    -1.7" LCD display screen
    -16 MB internal memory
    -I'm assuming it has video w/sound, if not, please tell me and I'll go with the HP
    -I can't find anything about the Exposure controls and video special effects. If you happened to know and told me, that'd be pretty cool.

The HP Photosmart R607xi comes with an R series dock, which is way cool
    its got:
    -4.1 MP
    -3X optical zoom
    -Frame movie mode
    -Black & White, and Sepia video special effects
    -Landscape, Portrait, Action, Beach/snow, panorama assist (waaaaay cool), and Sunset Exposure controls

Both seem to be great cameras, just the right size for me, but I just need a couple opinions from some people that know more than me. So thanks for taking the time to help with my problem!

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar

Re: My heart is torn between two cameras. Please spare some advice.

First.... ANY video from either camera will be a joke.

You obviously don't want to pass the $200 mark, since the fuji kit can be had at walmart for $147

BTW.. The "kit" value is $20 at best, since a 16 mb card comes with the camera already(the tripod costs $5 and that charger/2 battery set is worth $8 to me)

I have a fuji A340(4mp) I got for $149 last year with the charging dock/battery pak kit. I can honestly tell you I just sold $150 worth of images that I mixed in with CANON 1D FILES from it last week I could tell the difference., but the client didn't complain.

You might check out canon the A410/A520 , nikon coolpix 4600, olympus FE100 also ;)
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

More eagerness than skills.. rzozaya1969's Avatar

Re: My heart is torn between two cameras. Please spare some advice.

Ok, I'm a newbie also, but I have the Cannon A520 and I think it's a pretty nice camera. I bought it at 220, so it's a little higher than the other ones. It's a 4mp camera, but has more features that I understand, but I can use it on "Auto" mode until I learn new stuff. It has a 4X optical zoom (I don't trust digital zoom), and I think it's a great value.

I think that on most camera's, the internal memory (if any) is just insufficient for the image sizes. Just consider buying an extra memory card.

Thread Information