Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Talking My D70 has arrived!!

And I'm going to be reading the manual for the next couple of days, that's for sure! I took a couple of test shots on auto and they came out reasonably well for a point-and-shoot set up. Let's see what the next couple of days holds.

Liz

Talking Congratulations!

That's so exciting.......a new digital camera! We all know that great feeling.

I was one of the first persons to order the Rebel 300D before it hit the stores, and I've never regretted it.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what the D70 can do. I hope you'll get some images uploaded soon!

Enjoy your new camera! Great choice IMO.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by dbutler
    And I'm going to be reading the manual for the next couple of days, that's for sure! I took a couple of test shots on auto and they came out reasonably well for a point-and-shoot set up. Let's see what the next couple of days holds.

Seb
    This is a great great new! Congratulations! Did you bought the camera with the kit lense or have you decided to use the body with another lense??

I can't wait to hear more about your experience and to see some of your work.

I might get my D70 within a month or so.

regards

Seb

I'm excited about it!

Thanks you guys! I am really excited too. Seb, I chose the D70 because I am new to digital AND because it works with the lenses I already own for my F5. I intend to play with it this weekend. I've spent the last couple of days just getting to know what all the buttons are for. When I do post my "review" please bear with me. Since this is my first foray into the world of digital photography all my "insights" will be based on this camera only. So what is amazing to me may well be par for the course on all digitals. But I promise I will post something this weekend.

Of all the things I've learned since I got it, I think that at the moment the thing that has me the most excited is the white balance options that are available. They work amazingly well. I took a shot of my co-worker without the WB in place, then did it again using the fluorescent light WB. The difference was pretty amazing. But as I mentioned, it may well be that all digitals do that.

Sorry, didn't mean to ramble. Ok, off for now. Look for my write up this weekend.

D

no fair! i really want to get one but alas I am but a poor college student.
    I want to keep my N80 but I'm afraid I may have to end up selling it just to pay for the D70.
    Jared

"My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure." - Abraham Lincoln

Thread Information