Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Thread: Holy...cow...

Holy...cow...

Has anyone been paying attention to Kodak??

They announced the SLR/n, and LOOK AT THE SAMPLES!!!!!

The difference between the 14n and this thing is night and day, and it now retail for 5 grand!!!

I may sound like I just had a religious experience, but seriously, if the final shipping version is as good as the samples then I'm converting from nikon to...well, nikon but with a Kodak body.

Image vs. image I think the samples look better than anything I saw out of the 1Ds, and if this is how all the shipping cameras look...

Time will tell, I now can't wait for the first independent reviews to start puring in. This might be the landscape shooters' dreamc ome true.

Oh yeah, here's the link:

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe...8.5.14.4&lc=en

Download their Photo Desk software and take a look at the RAW files too...
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

yup...and the software rocks

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian
    Has anyone been paying attention to Kodak??

They announced the SLR/n, and LOOK AT THE SAMPLES!!!!!

The difference between the 14n and this thing is night and day, and it now retail for 5 grand!!!

I may sound like I just had a religious experience, but seriously, if the final shipping version is as good as the samples then I'm converting from nikon to...well, nikon but with a Kodak body.

Image vs. image I think the samples look better than anything I saw out of the 1Ds, and if this is how all the shipping cameras look...

Time will tell, I now can't wait for the first independent reviews to start puring in. This might be the landscape shooters' dreamc ome true.

Oh yeah, here's the link:

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe...8.5.14.4&lc=en

Download their Photo Desk software and take a look at the RAW files too...
    The only drawback is the shooting rate, which is 1 frame for every 1.5seconds. I will say this about Kodak, the service and the digital images are incredibe. I love the Kodak back, and now this camera is coming back from the dead. The 14N might have gotten bad reviews but I think Kodak has a good camera here. Also, the software is so easy and incredibly powerful.

The service, as I mentioned, is impecable. I sent my back in for a cleaning and they sent me a free battery as a thank you. Plus they have upgraded the software and the firmware twice. I've heard that Kodak will upgrade previous users of the 14n to the new format.

Loren
    Loren Crannell
    LC Photography
    Visit My Website

* Any photographer worth his salt has 10,000 bad negatives under his belt. - Ansel Adams

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

Looks great, but again, depends on your needs...

Has anyone been paying attention to Kodak??...

I have to admit, this camera looks sweet. Resolution aside, one feature I really like is the extremely low ISO capability. I've always found a low of 100 on the Canon DSLRs a bit restrictive.

Sure, no 3200, but really, how often does one NEED to shoot at that ISO? Even with film, I almost always shot Delta 3200 at 1600...

This might be the landscape shooters' dream come true...

I think you hit the nail on the head, as the obvious flaw to this body is the sluggish frame rate. A higher resolution alone would never be enough to sell this to the many pros and amateurs alike who need motor drive capability. For the moment, that is still Canon's domain...

But for shooting where frame rate is not a factor, this looks like a gem that's priced within the reach of many.

BTW, I assume Seb, since you sound like you're ready to make the switch, that you just came into a tidy little sum of money. See you in Florida!
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Marketing to portrait photogs

Just like the 14n, Kodak is marketing this camera to portrait and wedding photographers. I actually hadn't heard anything about it until I saw it in the Show Daily magazine, yesterday. I promise to get a good look at it today.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Quote Originally Posted by Asylum Steve
    BTW, I assume Seb, since you sound like you're ready to make the switch, that you just came into a tidy little sum of money. See you in Florida!
    Still working on it...I did the the gig I told you about though, it's next weekend. I am trying to figure out if I can still swing buying everything I need and going to Miami.
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

Thread Information