Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Major beginner with some q's!

Hello! Just registered a few minutes ago.

I'm going to purchase a digital camera. Wanted one for awhile and I finally got my Federal, so I'm gonna get one.

What I want one for is something simple to use as I'm totally new, but with enough features that I won't out-grow it. Something with good picture quality, but not too expensive. I have USB and 1394 ports.

With my research, I've found one that looks like a very good candidate - Canon Powershot A70.

The one I found was for $190.00 USD. Great price I know, but it's refurbished. Now, I'm somewhat hesitant to buy refurbished as I've never done before, but they also had a paackage deal with it - for $300.00 total and free shipping I would get the cam, 4 2000mHr batteries and a charger, carrying case, cleaning kit, 128MB Flash RAM and a screen protector.

Personally, with the reviews I've read about the Powershot A70, that combo is a STEAL!

What I want from you fellas is to know if this really is such a good deal and if it is, would you reccommend it? Thanks!

Oh, BTW, here's the link to the site ---> http://electricsam.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=CANA70RBK1

Thanks!

EDIT: I could get a brand new one with the same kit for $349.00 - but if there's not much difference between buying refurb or new, then I'd go with refurb.
    Last edited by CybrSlydr; 04-17-2004 at 07:47 AM.

But then there's the Powershot A80.... LOL I hate wanting the next bigger and better...

On that site, the A80 with the kit is *gulp* 459.00 USD.

Which do you think I would better off with?

Thread Information