Lumix help center:

Printable View

• 07-29-2008, 05:13 PM
    A.M.D.A.
    Lumix help center:
    Hi, any PhotographyREVIEW member who has a technical problem or questions about a lumix camera can post them here as replies to this thread. Or, you can send me a message.:)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sample problems:

~How do I attach an accessory lens onto the camera?
    ~How can I delete pictures from the memory card?
    ~The camera does not turn on.
    ~How do I transfer pictures to a computer?
    ~The camera’s lens does not zoom.
    I have shot with a DMC-FZ7 for 2+ years, but will also gladly help with similar models: DMC-FZ5, FZ8, and FZ18.
    When posting your question, please try to be as descriptive as possible. Also, specify your camera model. I will try to answer as soon as possible.
    To all other PhotographyREVIEW members: If you think you can also help with any problems that have been posted here, then you are welcome to jump right in!
  • 08-12-2008, 02:29 PM
    toastyred
    Re: Lumix help center:
    Hi I have a Lumix, model DMC-FX10.
    Recently, when I turn on the camera the screen is just black. It's on, I can take pictures, it flashes, but the pictures take as black pictures.
    I've changed memory cards and it worked for 1 or 2 pictures, but it's gone back to just being black again.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Sara
  • 08-12-2008, 06:46 PM
    A.M.D.A.
    Re: Lumix help center:
    Hi toastyred,

I don't know much about the DMC-FX10, but I do have suggestions for fixing your problem:

#1. Take pictures using both memory cards, and if you have another battery pack, take some shots with it too.

#2. Now, take the SD card out of the lumix and stick it into a card reader. Can the photos be downloaded to a computer using the reader?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If the pictures can be viewed in the computer and not on the camera's screen, then it is the screen thats the problem.

Let me know if this worked.:)