Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

looking for camera with bluetooth

I am looking for a camera that will transfer images via bluetooth. I am looking for something where I can take a picture and immediately be able to transfer it to my laptop without needing to hook up cables etc, is there such a camera that can do this?

thanks

Re: looking for camera with bluetooth

I don't know if there is such a thing. However, you can buy card reader. Pop the memory card out of the camera and into the reader, pop the reader into your usb drive and download.
    Mike
    www.specialtyphotoandprinting.com
    Canon 30D X 2, Canon 100-400L, Thrift Fifty, Canon 18-55 IS 3rd generation lens plus 430 EX II flash and Better Beamer. :thumbsup:

Depends what you want the camera for - if its snapshots then you could go with a Nokia N95 which has a 5Mb camera built in. Pictures are surprisingly good, jusr bought one for my wife for Christmas.

Otherwise if, you are talking SLR then most of the Pro ranges have a wireless option, but its not bluetooth, more Wireless LAN. Canon have it for the 5D, and 1 series don't know if it works with the 40/30/20/10/400 series.

Otherwise most laptops have SD card readers built in nowdays so maybe get a camera has a SD storage.

Without knowing more about why you need this facility its difficult to help further.

Hope that helps

Roger
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

Quote Originally Posted by canonsx100
    you can try Canon sx100

http://www.canonsx100.com
    'tis the season... FOR SPAM!
    Aaron Lehoux * flickr
    Please do not edit my photos, thank you.

Thread Information