Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Best Digital Camera from $500 to $600?

I was am looking for the best digital camera from $500 to $600? Currently I was looking at this camera
    http://photowareshop.com/caeosdire.html

Has anyone bought from this place before? Any input would help thanks.

Re: Best Digital Camera from $500 to $600?

I've never heard of that dealer. And there's not much information about them on their Web site. That doesn't reassure me much. I usually tell people to shop be dealer reputation rather than by price. There are lots of bottom feeders in the online electronics business. You're better off paying more and being sure that you'll get what you ordered, for the price that was advertised. For some examples of what can go wrong, take a look at our Camera Dealer Feedback forum for some horror stories. That dealer might be completely legit. But I've learned to be paranoid when it comes to buying cameras and other electronics on the Internet.

There is no such thing as "the best camera." What's right from someone else might not be right for you. Things to consider are the size of the camera, how you want to use it, your photographic experience and expectations, and whether you already own other camera equipment. The Digital Rebel you're looking at is a very good camera. It's one of the most popular cameras on this site. But if you're used to a point-and-shoot camera, you might find it's a little large and complicated. It can be used like a point-and-shoot. But if that's how you're going to use it, you might be better off buying a smaller, compact digital camera.

"Best" depends on how you want to use the camera. Think about this and give us some more information. And in the meantime, check the digital camera review here, if you haven't already. Here's a link the most popular cameras on this site: http://www.pcphotoreview.com/TOPcrx.aspx

And here's a link to all of the digital camera reviews, by category: http://www.pcphotoreview.com/Cameras/PSC_3784crx.aspx

The Digital Rebel will be in the Digital SLR category. For alternatives, I would suggest you check the 4 to 5 megapixel and over 6 megapixel cameras. And if you can tell us more about your needs and expectations, we can give you some more guidance.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Ranter and raver.

Re: Best Digital Camera from $500 to $600?

I concur with John completely. That website may below to some nice mom and pop shop in Florida that is just clueless about things like registering with BizRate and ResellerRatings, but it could also be a complete bait and switch operation. The former is very, very common.

And also, we need to know your needs. If there wer eone "best" camera, nobody would bother selling any other. What do you like to shoot? Your son's soccer game or close ups of flowers in your garden (or both)? The smaller the better or it doesn't matter? Stuff like that would help a lot.

Thread Information