Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Unhappy I need help... can't decide which camera buy...

Hi!
    I'm in a big "dilemma"... Considering my extremely tight budget, i need advice in which digital camera buy... Surfing the net, i've found these options:

Canon A520 (4.0 MP)
    Sony DSC-S60 (4.1 MP)
    Fuji FinePix A350 (5.2 MP)
    Nikon CoolPix 4600 (4.0 MP)

They're all under $200.
    Which of this cameras has the best rate price/benefits? Or if you have a better option, different from this cameras, please let me know.

Image quality is an important issue (as for everybody, obviously), but also, the amount of capabilities/features the camera can offer... I will be taking outside-pictures, but also inside low-ilumminated places..

Thanks for all the help you can provide...
    (and sorry for my bad english, it's not my native language).

Re: I need help... can't decide which camera buy...

I have a canon A510, the 3mp version of the A520, and I love it.

Things to consider: Size/Memory Card Type
    --SONY: I would skip the sony because it's sony, and I assume it takes their Memorystick and the pricing on that is ridiculous no, scratch that, Memorystick pricing is OBSCENE, then again, that 30 second max. exposure time is attractive, but it's still sony. ;)

--FUJI: I would skip the fuji because it will only do up to 2 second exposures, so you're kind of limited with night time shooting.

--NIKON: 4 Second maximum exposure is also limited

--Canon: This one is my favorite of them, 15 second exposure is pretty good. 4x zoom, SD cards are quite affordable

(your English is fine by the way)
    <><
    Flickr
    --Rebel T2i
    --Sigma 10-20mm
    --Canon EF-S 55-250mm
    --Tamron 17-50mm F2.8

Hello

I personally have the Canon PowerShot A510 and I can tell you I am very pleased with it, so I wouldnt hesitate recommending the A520.

To make up your mind I suggest you read a couple of professional reviews about these camera and comprare their prices and specification, then go to a store that holds these models to "get a feeling" of the camera before you decide.

Canon PowerShot A520 (17 reviews)

Sony CyberShot DSC-S60 (3 reviews)

Fuji FinePix A350 (2 reviews)

Nikon Coolpix 4600 (8 reviews)

here is a link to a list of cameras under $200, maybe you will find more ideas there

cameras under $200

I hope you will find that helpful.

More eagerness than skills.. rzozaya1969's Avatar

I have the Cannon A520, and it's a very nice camera. It has tons of features, the image quality is pretty nice. Unless you're printing very high dpi photos, 4Mp is pretty good, so you're on the right section.

Thread Information