Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

I need to change the name of the photos inside the camera

Hello everybody!

I am quite new in photography and I need a camera which should let me change the name of each photo that I take as soon as I take it inside the camera. If you are not sure which model has this feature maybe someone could tell me how it might be called (the feature) so that I can search.

I apreciate your time and help!

Re: I need to change the name of the photos inside the camera

The Nikon D300 has the File Naming option which lets you specify the 3 character prefix on the File Name. It also lets you choose the Active Folder number. Both of these operations are possible BEFORE doing the shot, not after

After shooting the only thing you can modify is the Image Comment which is up to 36 characters long. You can also specify a comment to add to all your subsequent images.

Text input into digital cameras is really fiddly. It takes time and battery power. Are you sure you really want to do this for every shot?
    Charles

Nikon D800, D7200, Sony RX100m3
    Not buying any more gear this year. I hope

Re: I need to change the name of the photos inside the camera

Thank you very much for getting back to me. Yes unfortunatelly I need to put a name on every shot and I can't have a laptop with me at the time. D300 is quite expensive but this feature is quite special so I will go and check it on a shop.

Thread Information