Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

I know what I want....please help me find it!

Here is the deal:

I have a really, really old point and shoot and am ready for a BIG change.

I want a high megapixel digital SLR for which I can buy a macro lense. I will use it for studio photography, closeups, and nature photography. Clarity and sharpness are key.

I REALLY want the Cannon EOS 20D. It is the most amazing device I have ever behld but I simply do not have enough money to spend.

My question: Are there any other brands that have a similar camera for a lesser price? Any older camera that will produce similar results, perhaps?

If someone could point me in the right direction I could do the rest myself.

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Re: I know what I want....please help me find it!

Welcome to the forum. If you have your heart set on an EOS camera, but can't afford the 20D, you should check out the Rebel XT. Be sure to go to the review section on this site and read the reviews on the XT. I believe there is a pro review on it, and they compare it with the 20D. A very capable camera, with a lot of the same great features of the 20D for less $.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Re: I know what I want....please help me find it!

I have been looking into the XT and can affort it but most of what I have read on it has sugested that it is for action or sports photography. I will be sure to check out the comparison.

Thread Information