Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Help me choose the right everyday camera for me please!

I am having a hard time choosing what camera to get. I am looking for a great camera to use while traveling and for going out photos. Sometimes I go to the clubs/bars and I like to take photos just for fun, and I travel a lot more now so I'd love a camera to use under water or at the beach and not worry about it getting dirty or wet. I do currently own a Nikon D5000 for best traveling shots and I had owned Sony T90 for the "everyday camera" and while it was an amazing camera, the reason why I sold it is because it was not the best for night time photos and became too much work/complicated to take the best night shots. All the night shots, no matter what I did, come out bad. Then I got the Nikon Coolpix S90 - Wonderful camera and I did not complain much about the photos...just hated the touchscreen. Was too sensitive and anytime I lended it to a friend to take a picture of me with someone else, it was easy for them to touch on the screen and accidently go to a menu or different shooting mode...so it became too much work/taking up too much time.

I have been looking at the Panasonic Lumix TS1 and Canon D10. I could keep an open mind for a non waterproof camera only if that camera is really good in everything I want. I was leaning towards Canon D10 just because there seems to be better reviews in picture quality and because of the color accent feature which seems like a lot of fun to use but I am worried about the night time photos and the bulkiness of it. Panasonic seems like it'd be great for night time photos but their pictures overall seems too soft. Suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Help me choose the right everyday camera for me please!

Hi,

This page will show you the different night views of Panasonic TS1 and Canon D10.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/Q209...oup/page15.asp

Both of them are great cameras and both have got their specialties and weakness. I guess most important is the pictures quality you are looking for since you are looking at pictures in the end not the design of the cameras.

Wolu.co.uk

Thread Information