Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

HEello everyone! im new here!! need some good guidance please

Season's greetings!! i hope your christmas and happy new year was awesome!!

well i have been loving photography for many years now and have been using a manual film camera, now i feel i want to start using digital cameras!!

i would like to seek out recomendations on a new camera i can learn and experiment with!! after researching for a couple of weeks and finding this site, i feel this is the best site to help me!!

ok, i dont know if hese exist but heres an idea of what i would like in my camera:

i want a compact camera as possible, that can both be a "point and shoot" and intermediately manual camera. good megapixels and can record movies/audio at 640x420 with 24+ FPS

what do u think?

thanks in advance!!

Re: HEello everyone! im new here!! need some good guidance please

the Kodak v530 and v550 really caught my attention the review here on the v550 makes me want it even more, what are the differences bewtween the two? and waht kind of options are available on a digital SLR that doent exist on so called "P&S" cameras?

thanks again!!

Pro-Review Section

Hello and welcome,

Look at the Pro Reviews section and you will get a lot of good information on the Kodak V550, and other really good digital P&S cameras.

I wrote the review for the V550 and I really liked it. If you want to learn about photography and get good results, then look at Photo John's review of the Canon G6 which gives you manual control.

Take a look and let us know what you think...
    Welcome,
    Loren
    Loren Crannell
    LC Photography
    Visit My Website

* Any photographer worth his salt has 10,000 bad negatives under his belt. - Ansel Adams

Re: HEello everyone! im new here!! need some good guidance please

I use a Nikon Coolpix 5700. It is an advanced compact, which can be used as a point and shoot (in program mode) or you can choose apeture priority, shutter priority, or manual modes. It also lets you dial in exposure compensation, adjust the white balance, can use an external flash, and even shoots video, up to 60 seconds at a time.

I don't know if it's what you're looking for, or how it stacks up to the Kodak's or Canon's, but like it has already been mentioned, read the reviews here, and they will help you tremendously with your decision.

Good luck.
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Thread Information