Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Filter size for finepix s1000fd?

I just got a Fujifilm Finepix S1000fd and wanted some filters for it. I'm not too sure if this camera can take a filter either, but I don't see why not. Right? I found this website http://www.camerafilters.com/, but wans't sure how to measure for the filter. Inside of outside? Anyway, thanks for the help. ttyl, Fahn

drg

Re: Filter size for finepix s1000fd?

It does not appear according to the Fuji website that they, Fuji, produce an adapter for that camera.

You can always use a square filter and hold it in front of the camera if really needed. Filters are not very necessary or always useful on Digital cameras. The protection value for this category of camera is also questionable due the nature of the lens. Anything that a filter might protect from in terms of collision is going to damage the lens in other ways.

Welcome to Photography Review and sorry I could not be more helpful.
    CDPrice 'drg'
    Biography and Contributor's Page

Please do not edit and repost any of my photographs.

Re: Filter size for finepix s1000fd?

Thanks, The main reason for the filter in my case is for keeping the lens clean and a polarized filter for outdoor pics. I mainly will be using it for skiing and trail building pics, with some mountainbike shots as well. ttyl, Fahn

Thread Information