Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Thread: Dust on Lens?

Dust on Lens?

hello everyone i have a question about my camera it is a Samsung ES73 and it has dust spots or "blotches" on the photo's how to i get rid of this for under 20$ haha

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Re: Dust on Lens?

Can you post a sample image? If it's something on the front element of the lens that is causing the problem, you should be able to clean it off. If it's something on the inside of the lens or on the sensor my guess it that you will have to send it to a repair shop to have it cleaned.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

First. Try a different lens to take that component out of the equation. If that proves clean then it looks like the "hair" is on the sensor. Put the camera in clean mode and bulb blow the sensor to see if that dislodges the intruder. If that doesn't work then you might have to invest in a cleaning kit.

Thats a point and shoot, cant do that.

dust in the lens is very rare for a new digicam, and even when there is dust in the lens elements, it doesn't usually show itself in the photo. Posting sample images can give us a better idea of the problem.

and i have this camera

That certainly looks like dust. It's not in the lens though, it's on the sensor. Usually this is a problem for DSLRs but occasionally it affects p&s cameras as well. I had this problem with my G9, I solved it with some blasts of compressed air along the edge of the lens directed toward the camera. You have to be really careful with this method as the compressed air cans contain propellant and it's possible to get this propellant on the sensor if the can isn't held upright.
    Rule books are paper they will not cushion a sudden meeting of stone and metal. --Ernie Gann--
    What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. --Oscar Wilde--

Thread Information