Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Question Which digital SLR to buy and where?

I am looking to buy a digital camera with two sets of lenses, 1 x 28-85mm and 1x 85-200mm. I have been an avid Nikon user all my life. But I am open to other brands since I have never tried a Digital SLR before. Hopefuly somebody in this forum can guide me to the right camera. My budget is about $1500 with both lenses and a decent flash if not already built in.

After narrowing down to the right camera I would like to find a good online store to buy it from. I have been browsing the internet and seems to be quite amazed by price comparison sites like www.PriceComparison.com. What do you all think about buying from there?

Thanks in advance.

LinuxGuy

Re: Which digital SLR to buy and where?

www.bhphotovideo.com
    www.adorama.com

if you're a nikon person take a look at the D70. It can use older 35mm film lenses (how old I am not completely sure) so you could use yours most likely.

Sitting in a Leaky Dingy Michael Fanelli's Avatar

Re: Which digital SLR to buy and where?

You say you have been a Nikon user. If you have some Nikon 35mm lenses, go with the Nikon D70. If you are starting fresh, Canon has a wide range of choices from the digital Rebel and new Rebel XT, the 10D and 20D, and a few much more expensive choices. Don't forget Pentax, they have two models that are excellent. You might also look at the Minolta 7D which has some nice features.
    "Every great decision creates ripples--like a huge boulder dropped in a lake. The ripples merge and rebound off the banks in unforseeable ways.

Thread Information