Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Digital camera recommendation for microscope?

I have a trinoculor microscope that I would like to hook up a digital camera too. I need to buy the digital camera so I would like to know what I should get. Its just a normal microscope with 40-1000x magnification for basic biological work. This thing here actually: http://www.amscope.com/images/Picture_1526-b2.png

I have an adapter ready to go that gives me a C-mount at the top for the digital camera to connect too. I've attached a screenshot.

I would like the camera to have HDMI out, record HD movies and stay powered on for a long time without falling asleep. I guess it needs to have a threaded lens so an adapter can join it to my adapter with the c-mount right?

I'm looking at the Canon SX20 IS or Nikon COOLPIX L110 but don't seem to know exactly what adapter would allow it to connect to my adapter. Does anyone know if these will work in general? I don't see any lens threads on the Canon SX20.

Anyone got any suggestions?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Digital camera recommendation for microscope?-adapter.jpg  

Re: Digital camera recommendation for microscope?

If I recall right, and the SX20IS is like the previous models, you press a button on the front to release the filter adapter.

Check the mm diameter of the c-mount threading, it will most likely require some stepping rings. Hopefully it is at least 49mm

Thread Information