• 12-29-2005, 12:43 PM
    mims0331
    Defective/Counterfeit Memory Card
    My question is, can having a defective memory card formatting in the camera for a few hours cause damage to the camera (Kodak Z700)???

This is my first ever digital camera. Yesterday I tried for the first time ever to format a memory card (purchased on EBay). The LCD screen showed the "Formatting" screen for over three hours before I learned from SanDisk online support that this was not right and that the card was defective with an invalid serial number.

Thanks for your help!
  • 12-29-2005, 02:49 PM
    SmartWombat
    Re: Defective/Counterfeit Memory Card
    It's possible I suppose, depends just in what way the card was faulty.
    Usually there are buffer chips on the camera, and buffer chips in the memory, which protect the expensive bits from damage.
  • 12-29-2005, 03:43 PM
    Grandpaw
    Welcome to the forum! If you paid for that using PayPal I would contact them with this information and maybe get your money back.
  • 12-30-2005, 06:15 AM
    mims0331
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandpaw
    Welcome to the forum! If you paid for that using PayPal I would contact them with this information and maybe get your money back.

Thanks! I'm sending the card back today for full refund from the Seller. I'll buy direct from SanDisk the prices on their website are not bad.

I appreciate your encouragement! I'm not much for bad days either. I try to live by the words of Abe Lincoln "Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be"!

Happy New Year!
  • 12-30-2005, 09:43 AM
    Grandpaw
    When you purchase another card I would make sure it is a high speed card, its worth the difference in money. Shop around and you might try price grabber to get a price.