Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>
    CWH

Dark Corner in Images - Minolta A1

I recently noticed that in the upper right hand corner of my pictures there is a blacked out area. It effects the upper most corner and the shape of this black out area is in the shape triangle with a curved bottom. The area affected by this blacked out area changes with zoom changes. This blacked out area is also visible on both the LED screen and eye view as well. Its size changes but it’s no larger the 1/2 to 1/4, but it is noticeable. I have attached two images that shows this problem, any thoughts as to what might be causing this? My question is have you seen this problem before and is it repairable? Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dark Corner in Images - Minolta A1-dark-corner-2.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by CWH; 12-06-2009 at 05:14 AM. Reason: Added Images

Re: Dark Corner in Images - Minolta A1

Sorry no images....

Are you using filters or something else in front on the lens...sounds like that is the problem.

Canon XSi
    Canon EF-S 17-85mm IS USM
    Canon EF-S 55-250mm IS
    1. "A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words."Ansel Adams
    2. "Photography is more than a medium for factual communication of ideas. It is a creative art."Ansel Adams

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Welcome to the forums!

Usually attributal to the lens hood, especially at wider angles.
    What lens were you using? Did you have a lens hood on?
    And I had a lot of trouble with this at all zooms with one lens until I figured out I had the lens hood on wrong, so good to check that.
    If you can post your images, it would help.
    They need to be resized to no more than 800 on a side.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

CWH

Good Morning All, Thank you for your kind postings. I have attached a couple of photos that have been cut to show the dark corner. With that said, I'm not using any filter nor a hood, it's a most perplexing. At first I thought it might be vignetting, now I'm not sure because it's only the one corner and it changes size with distance. In some cases it almost disappears. Just for my own scientific process I snapped a photo of a whiteboard, here the issue can be clearly seen. Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thank you

Thread Information