I'm new to this great forum, and wanted to ask the experts for some advice before buying a new compact digital camera!

I'm not an active photographer at all, and I find that I just have too little knowledge of camera specs to make an informed decision. I do know that it should be a compact camera (Panasonic FZ100/FZ45 are too bulky, but the Sony HX5V looks OK - correct me if I'm way off here), and I also want 720p or better video recording.

The camera will be used indoors and outdoors equally. I will use it a good deal for closeup photos of objects indoors, but otherwise I'm your average holiday photographer. Good optical zoom is great, but I don't need a gazillion X if that compromises image quality.

I see that some cameras come equipped with GPS geotagging and WiFi transfer capability. Both those features are neat, but not a requirement for me - certainly not at the expense of image quality. Still, they are neat... :-)

Other than that I just want to find the camera that takes the best pictures. It doesn't need to be super slim, I like the semi-compact look of the Sony HX5V too.

These are some cameras that seem to me to fit the bill:
Samsung HZ35W
Samsung TL350 (only digital zoom?)
Most of the Panasonic Lumix range
Sony HX5V + TX series
Nikon Coolpix S8000
Canon Powershot SX210/200 IS

Any advice is greatly appreciated! If there's some crucial info I've left out, please let me know!