Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

which camera would be better for me

hi,i know nothing about cameras.
    i have a Sony DSC-F828 Cybershot but i was just about to order a fuji finepix f300
    i wonder if anyone knows if the fuji will be better for getting close up pics as i like to photograph my pets a lot and like to get close up details of theirs eyes etc..thankyou

Re: which camera would be better for me

You can compare the macro settings in the camera specs and maybe get the one that let's you come the closest to your subject.
    Add a cool lomo effect to your photos with Instant Lomo.

Actually, the F828 is an extremely solid camera. The 8 vs 12 megapixels of the F300, amounts to very little considering the sensor size.

Canons S95 has a wide aperture that is especially useful for indoor, closeup photos.

The Sony DSC-R1 is the next logical step beyond the f-828, it is built very similar, but has a full size APS sensor and an outstanding Zeiss lens. That camera would produce better detail than any of the others we are talking about by a significant amount.

But I digress, I'd like to hear why the F-828 is not sufficient for your needs, thats a very solid camera and replacing it will be difficult because those are big shoes to fill. Anyway - if you tell us how the f-828 falls short in what you want, we can be better able to suggest an alternative that can do what you want better.

photograph my pets a lot and like to get close up details of theirs eyes etc..thankyou
    The F300 isn't going to be any better than the F-828 for this specifically, with the exception of low-light/high ISO potential.

Most cameras these days are able to get really close, within 1cm. If you're really into extreme close up stuff, try check out the Panasonic LX5, you can really get in close, almost touching the lens, and still get quick and accurate auto focus.

Thread Information