Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Thread: camera problem

camera problem

I got a Kodak Easyshare C340 digital camera for christmas. I just got a memory stick for it today and after I put in the camera I started having problems. Whenever I turn it on, the power light will flash green twice then flash red 4 or 5 times and shut off. The book says check the batteries so I put new batteries in it and started working. But the batteries that came with the camera should not be dead already should they? I have played with it a little but not that much. Could it be something else besides the batteries? BTW, would regular alkaline batteries hurt the camera? I am going to get camera batteries when I get a chance.

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Re: camera problem

Digital cameras can use batteries quickly, yes.
    Particularly if they are ordinary alkaline batteries.
    More so if you use it indoors with flash.
    Even more so if you use the camera's screen to look at the pictures a lot.

I looked at the Kodak online instructions:
    "We recommend that you do not use alkaline batteries in EasyShare cameras because they may cause unexpected shutdowns and loss of pictures."

So I'd use AA size NiMH rechargeable batteries.
    Capacity of the battery is measured in mAH, and the last ones I bought were 2000mAH.
    Kodak recommend 1850mAH or higher.
    Today I see there are companies selling 2500 and 2600, that's 25% longer life !

Of course there are other makes of battery than Kodak, despite what the manual show you
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Thread Information