Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Camera for closeups!

Hello there, this is my 1st post on this forum! I am here because I find myself into the world of digital photography.

I'll explain. Until today I've never owned a camera. I now need one cos I run a small electrical business and wish to make an online website so I need to take close ups of electrical items. I went and bought a £90 Acer CE-5330. Its really poor and is going back 1st thing tomorrow morning.

I've managed to work out the MACRO function and have been happy taking closeups however 1 in 10 is a good one. They tend to go blury and out of focus. I shall only be using the digital cam for close up shots of still life and would like the house recommendations on what to get.

Thanks so much everyone!

Re: Camera for closeups!

Hi RossoUK
    Give us a few more indications of what you need.. and how much you'd like to spend on a camera
    Also.. how advanced do you want your options to be... ease of use, etc

That can help us give you a few clues as to what to get..

Re: Camera for closeups!

Well in the end I settled for a Canon EOS 350D. Found a fantastic price thanks to a certain someone! She knows who she is! Should have it in my hands sometime this week. I decided to buy the kit version in black and a 1 gig CFII card to go with it. I'm currently on the prowl for a bag to carry it about as I run my errands. I did see a lone macro lens on flea bay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MACRO-lens-for...QQcmdZViewItem

Seems great for close-ups for a silly price? Should I?? Pros/cons??

Thanks

Thread Information