Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Thread: Camera Bag

Camera Bag

I have a new TI1 and the bag I already have is small. I am looking for a bag that will fit the battery charger, two lenses and the camera. I am looking for all suggestions on where to find a bag that I want.

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: Camera Bag

There's lots of bags, some good, some not. When the bag question comes up here the ones who love their bags will tell you the advantages of each.
    Myself, I use an insulated lucnh/picnic bag. Make my own dividers. Put 'for cameras' on the bag and it cost a hundred bucks. Put 'for lunches' on it and it costs 25 bucks.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

I have lots of bags. For really heavy action I prefer a shoulderbag, but most of the time I usually use a small backback. The camera and lenses go in the bottom compartment and wallet, keys, spare clothing etc. in the top. It doesn't look like a photography bag and it's small enough to use in cities.

Mine is a Lowepro Orion Trekker. I don't think its made any more but here is a link to the reviews on it, which might give you some ideas:

http://www.photographyreview.com/cat...5_3139crx.aspx

Don't carry your battery charger around with you. If you're worried about running out of power during the day then buy a second battery and keep that in the bag (fully charged). Leave the battery charger at home or in your hotel room or whatever and charge up every night.
    Charles

Nikon D800, D7200, Sony RX100m3
    Not buying any more gear this year. I hope

I use a pelican (1550). Its heavy and bulky, but its a hard shelled case and meant to withstand abuse, keep the elements out, etc. If someone spilled a bucket of koolaid on the case, everything in it is fine. In fact, it could even go swimming in a pool of koolaid and be fine (just needs to be cleaned off). It has a rubber O ring in the seal to make it air tight. I transport my equipment a lot and I don't need to be all delicate in doing so. It has two options for dividing stuff inside, A) pick n' pluck foam, or B) soft dividers. The foam is what I use, doesn't maximize space as well as the dividers would, but a little better protection.

It however, is NOT something meant to carry over your shoulder (not the 1550 anyway), smaller models may work with shoulder carry.

It has a very industrial look to it, I had a friend who saw it, gasped and said 'Geez man you carrying a nuke in that thing!?"

Thread Information