Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Best Point n shoot that takes aa or aaa batteries

My daughter is traveling to France - and I am looking for the best budget digital point n shoot that takes aa or aaa batteries.

I have had many digi cams - and like zoom, don't care about digital zoom, video w/b nice - but not necessary. Good lens, enough (5 MP) and easy to use.

Thanks in advance - TO'B

Re: Best Point n shoot that takes aa or aaa batteries

Any of the Canon A series, or if you want a super zoom then the Canon S5.
    Rule books are paper they will not cushion a sudden meeting of stone and metal. --Ernie Gann--
    What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. --Oscar Wilde--

Thats like asking What is the best automobile that uses regular gas. I like the canon A series also. My daughter-inlaw has an A520 4MP, No longer in production but it works for her.The newer models are fine for travel.
    Get a moderate A series Canon you wont go wrong.

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

I'm not real familiar with the P&S cameras on the market, but the wife does have a Canon A550 that I like using. Simple to use if you want, but it also has some manual controls as well. 4x optical zoom and 7.1MP.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by bayville126
    Thats like asking What is the best automobile that uses regular gas. I like the canon A series also. My daughter-inlaw has an A520 4MP, No longer in production but it works for her.The newer models are fine for travel.
    Get a moderate A series Canon you wont go wrong.
    Huh? AFIK (almost) all cars use regular gas. It is more like asking for a diesel car.

TO'B

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Don't forget the Panasonic LZ series, my LZ-5 on AAs is great.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Quote Originally Posted by tomob
    Huh? AFIK (almost) all cars use regular gas. It is more like asking for a diesel car.

TO'B
    There are some of the exotics and HiPos that need premium only. My BIL just recently got a Mercedes something or other SL with a 490 HP V-12 and it's premium only and follow along with the tanker. Exactly what a 70 year old man needs to recover his "lost youth"..

Sorry for the derail. Now back to your regularly scheduled topic.
    The world is full of people who can hear a loud bang, feel a sharp pain in their foot, notice smoke trickling from their holster........ And never put it all together.

Canon EOS Rebel XT DSLR; Canon EOS Rebel K2 35 mm SLR, Canon Powershot S5IS Compact; Canon Photura 35 mm P&S (Definitely not compact. Probably the best 35 P&S ever)

Thread Information