Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Best pocket camera under $200?

I've got my big fancy dslr, but sometimes it's too big to lug around. I'm wanting to get a tiny pocket sized camera that I can take in my bike jersey pocket, or purse. I was looking at the Nikon Coolpix as one, but it has mixed reviews. And other sites all say the quality of cameras under $200 is not good, but there has to be a decent one out there! I know the quality will not match my dslr, but I want one that is good at zoom, good with focus and doesn't take forever to recharge after flash. And a cool color (not silver) would be a bonus!

Any suggestions??

banished

Re: Best pocket camera under $200?

www.dpreview.com will give you some good reviews on any of digital cameras...

i personally like Canon and i use this camera it works pretty good.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/produ...keycode=388565

Random Opportunist Photographer

Re: Best pocket camera under $200?

I have a Canon G9, I'm not sure exactly how much it was, probably a bit more than $200, but it's fairly compact (certainly a lot more so than DSLRs) and it's a great camera all round really, especially for macro photos, which I do a lot of.

EDIT: Just had a look around, and it seems the price has gone up. Nearer $400 wherever I can see it now. I got mine a few months ago for about £120 ($240 roughly). Sorry, I wasn't of much use.
    Please feel free to edit my photos; I'm sure anything you do will be an improvement to the originals!

Thread Information